Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

Thursday's Meal Plan Goulash With Recipe and Food Cost

For more information on how I do my two week meal planning: meal-planning-and-shopping-on-budget.html


Thursday - Goulash - 6 Servings


Estimated Food Cost: Total - $5.94         Per Serving - $0.99


Ingredients:

1 LB Ground Hamburger  - $2.12
1/2 Box of Elbow Macaroni Noodles - $0.41
1 Can Of Tomato Sauce - $0.68
1 Can of Diced Tomatoes - $0.68
2 TBS Chili Sauce - $0.68
1/2 Cup of Ketchup - $0.76
2 TBS Mustard - $0.48
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar - $0.13
2 TSP of Oregano
2 TSP of Garlic Powder
2 TBS of Onion Flakes
Salt & Pepper for Taste 


Directions:

Cook half a box of macaroni noodles according to the box's directions.
Brown the Hamburger in a large saute pan.
Strain the Hamburger.
Combined the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes into the large saute pan and stir.


Add the chili sauce, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, oregano, garlic powder, onion flakes, salt and pepper to the tomato sauce. Stir well.





Add in the hamburger and cooked macaroni noodles.





This dish should be sweeter than what spaghetti is and a little more tangy as well. My family loves this dish and it is something I have enjoyed since I was a little girl at my grandma's.




I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!



No comments:

Post a Comment