Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Sample Menu for Shopping on a Budget

I thought that I would give everyone an example of some of the typical meals that I use when I do my meal planning. I love to make a menu for us to use so that things are easier and smoother around our house as well as save us money!
Here is a link that tells you more in detail about how I do it.

DIY Mom: Meal Planning and Shopping on a Budget

When I sit down to do my menu for the two weeks I always start with our family's favorites:
Tacos
Spaghetti
Homemade Pizza
etc.

I try to think about things that we have going on during the weeks so that I can plan something I can either make ahead of time or that is quick. If all else fails I always have stuff on hand to make sandwiches when we are in a hurry.

Here is what I have planned for the next two weeks:

Monday: Sirloin Sir-Fry (We had some sirloin left over from a family night with my parents...I don't normally buy sirloin)
Tuesday: Tater Tot Casserole (Jake has a class at 5:30 so I can make this ahead of time and pop it in for when we get home at about 6:30)
Wednesday: Grilled Italian Chicken
Thursday: Hamburgers
Friday: Homemade Pizza
Saturday: Roasted Chicken with Lemon Vegetables
Sunday: French Toast with Sausage
Monday: Maple Glazed Chicken
Tuesday: Tacos (Jake has class but tacos only take about 20 mins to get ready)
Wednesday: Chicken & Rice
Thursday: Spaghetti
Friday: Hot dogs
Saturday: Mac & Cheese Casserole
Sunday: BLTs (Husband comes home from Drill so this is quick and easy for when he gets home)

I have recipes and a list of ingredients for each meal on my computer so that when I make my shopping list for the two weeks I have a list of ingredients and what I need to make it each meal.

This works so well for my family because we know what we are having for supper and I already have everything to make it so I avoid running to the grocery store and spending more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment