Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DIY Mail Organizer For Kitchen

If you are anything like me I can't stand it when mail and papers get piled up on my kitchen table. I like everything to have its own place so that when I need it I can find it easily...rather than having to look 3 or 4 places before I find it. I saw this post on Pinterest how a lady used a file folder box to organize her command center and I thought that I would give it a try as well!

DIY Mail and Organizer for the Kitchen


All that I used for this project was:

• File folder box
• Hanging folders
• Calendar
• Pen/pencil cup
• Magnetic notepad
• Magnets
• Notebook
• 3 Ring binder
• Hole Puncher
• Envelopes

This is what I had to start out with:


And this was on a good day : /



The first thing I did was go through everything and decided what I wanted or needed to keep in the kitchen, what needed to be pitched, and what could go into our filing cabinet in the office.

I organized everything that was going to stay in the kitchen into these folders

* My Husband's Stuff
* My Stuff
* Bills
* Other Miscellaneous Stuff

I like to use www.couponmom.com when I get ready to go grocery shopping so I used their method for organizing my coupons and adds. To do this I used a 3 ring binder and a few envelopes with holes punched into the top.

I organized my coupons by
* The Sunday Adds 
       * Smart Source
       * P&G
       * Red Plum
* Grocery
* Clothing
* Restaurants
* Other A.K.A Diapers, Wipes...etc.

I took a 5X7 envelope and punched a whole into the top of the fold.


I then wrote the name of each type of coupons I was going to put into them with a black marker so it would be easy to sort.


I then put all the coupons into their appropriate envelope and then put all the envelopes into the 3 ring binder.


I do all of my grocery shopping and meal planning two weeks at a time and I have a notebook for this. Meal planning and shopping on budget.html In the notebook I have a list of all of my family's favorite recipes as well as normal monthly bills. I also wanted to include the notebook for lists and other things I might need to write down.

I put all of the folders, the 3 ring binder, and the notebook into my folder box.


Now each one of us has our own folder, plus one for bills and other miscellaneous stuff. My notebook and binder fits in neatly as wells, and I placed a calendar on the fridge right next to it to lets up know what is going on at a glance. I also put a notepad with a magnet on the fridge underneath the calendar to write down items that we run out of during the two weeks and will need to replace the next time I go shopping. Finally the pencil/pen holder right next to it makes for convince.





I hope that this will help eliminate those piles of papers on my counter and table as well as make everything easier to find!




No comments:

Post a Comment