Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thursday Meal Plan Lasagna With Recipe and Estimated Food Cost

For more information on how I do my two week meal planning : Meal Planning And Shopping On A Budget.html

Thursday - Lasagna - 8 Servings


Estimated Cost: Total = $11.48              Per Serving = $1.44


Ingredients:

1 Box of Lasagna Noodles - 1 Box = $1.68
2 Cans Tomato Sauce - 1 Can $0.68 = $1.36
1 LB. Hamburger - Browned - 5LB. Tube $10.58 = $2.12
1 Carton of Cottage Cheese - 1 Carton = $1.84
2 Packages of Mozzarella Cheese - 1 Package $2.18 = $4.36
2 TSP Italian Seasoning - 1 Bottle $1.19 = $0.12
Salt and Pepper to taste.

Directions:

Cook lasagna noodles - drain place single layer of noodles in a greased 9X13 pan.
Mix browned hamburger, tomato sauce, cottage cheese, and seasoning in a medium size bowl.
Spread a layer of hamburger mixture then mozzarella cheese, then noodles. 
Repeat layers until pan is full. 
Cover the top fully with mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until top cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling on sides.
Enjoy! 


This meal cost a little more per serving than I normally like because of the cheese but my family loves it so much! I have thought about trying to make my own mozzarella cheese to cut cost in the future. I hope you guys enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment