Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

DIY Paper Flowers

After I decided and ordered Madalynn's Birthday Invitations I started working on decorations. I love to make my own decorations because:
1. It saves lots of money
2. I love the satisfactions when it is all done
3. It gives me something fun to do while the girls take a nap besides cleaning :P

The first thing I decided to do was create some paper flowers out of green, pink and white tissue paper.
This is suck an easy decorations to make and it will give the party a great atmosphere!

I bought some regular tissue paper at Hobby Lobby for $0.99 in the colors that I wanted. One package of tissue paper makes two paper flowers or one big paper flower so depending on how many you want will determine how many packages to buy.
I plan to decorate the front of the house with the paper flowers as well as the backyard around the party so I got about 10 different packages.



Things you will need:
1. Tissue paper in the color of your choice
2. Scissors
3. String to tie and hang the flowers from

Steps
1. First you take the tissue paper and cut it in half so that they are not as wide.
2. You want at least 8 - 10 sheets of tissue paper for each paper flower.
3. Then you take one stack of the tissue paper and start to fold them accordion style in about 1in pieces.
4. You then take a some string and tie it in the middle to hold all of the paper together.
5. Then cut the ends of the tissue paper into the shape that you want your pedals. I normal just round them off because I find that it comes out the best in the end.
6. Then you take one end of the paper flower and start to spread out the individual pieces of tissue paper. Make sure to pull them all the way apart to get then best results.
7. Then you repeat on the other side.

I found this video on Youtube that might also be some help in making the flowers:


Here is what some of mine looked like after I was done!


All together I made 25 paper flowers to hang out in the front of the house and in the trees and it only cost me about $5.00 to make all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment