Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

DIY Bow Holder

I am in the process of redoing my older daughter's room for the anticipated arrival of our second daughter in September and here is one of the items I will be including

DIY Bow Holder


Supplies:
1. Old picture frame
2. Spray paint
3. 1/4 - 1/2 yard of fabric
4. Liquid stitch
5. Ribbon
6. Q-tips
7. Scissors
8. Marker

Steps:
1. First I found an old picture frame at Stuffs ECT. that I thought would look really nice in white to go with the design of my daughter's room. It only cost me $9!
2. I removed the back of the picture frame so that I could take the old picture out to stray paint it.

3. I made sure there was nothing hanging off of the frame or any dirt or dust on it to get it ready.

4. I put on one light coat of two-in-one paint and primer spray paint on the frame. I go the spray paint at Wal-mart for only $3.67!

5. To make the inside of the bow holder I bought 1/2 yard of fabric of my choice and some liquid stitch to attach it to the old picture. The liquid stitch cost $3.37 and the fabric was only $2.77.

6. I cut the fabric so that there was about 2 1/2 to 3 inches on all sides.

7. I put the liquid stitch on the back of the picture to attach the fabric. (This stuff is really easy to use and drys within 30 sec.)

8. I folded in the corners and then attached the rest of the sides with liquid stitch.

9. After I attached the rest of the sides I waited a little bit to make sure it all dried completely.


This is what the front looked like after I was done.

10. I then took the ribbon that I choose and cut them to length to fit around the picture.


11. I attached them to the picture with a little liquid stitch on the back of the picture just a few inches away from each other.

12. All that is left to do is put the picture back into the frame and then you are ready to put on all your bows!







No comments:

Post a Comment