Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

DIY Water Bottle Labels

I am making these for my daughter's birthday party because it is at the end of July and lots of water will be much appreciated. I thought that making my own water bottle labels would give them a chic kind of look rather than the plan old labels that they normally have.
I found this scrapbook paper on sale at Wal-Mart and the colors matched my pink and green tea party theme perfectly! I swept it up for only $4!


To make the Water Bottle Labels you will need:
1. Water bottles
2. Paper of your choice that you want to make the labels out of
3. Glue stick or hot glue
4. Scissors
5. Ruler
6. Stencil or shape to put in the middle of your label (Optional)
7. Black pen or marker

Steps
1. To start I took off the existing label that was on the water bottle and measured its size so that I can match my labels to it exactly.
             My labels are 1 1/2 in wide and 8 1/2 in long.
2. Then I picked out the paper I wanted to use for my label, measure and cut it to match the size of the original label.
3. I found a flower stencil in the scrapbook that I liked so I used it for the middle of the label. I traced that stencil onto a different color paper to glue onto my label.
4. Cut out the labels and the stencil design.
5. Glue the stencil onto the middle of the label
6. I thought that it needed a little more to the label so I put the letter M for Madalynn in the middle of the flower to complete the label
7. Glue the label onto the water bottle where the previous label was at.

Here are some of my completed water bottle labels! I used a few different types of papers since I had so much in the scrapbook that I found.

 

I think that this gives the water bottles a cool new look and did not take much to make...plus they will look really cute inside of a pink or green bucket of ice! 



No comments:

Post a Comment