Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

DIY Door Decor

DIY Door Decor


I made this M frame for my daughter's birthday but you can do it with the first initial of your family name or anything else you want to put inside the frame.

Supplies:
1. Old picture frame
2. Spray paint
3. 1/4 - 1/2 yard of fabric
4. liquid stitch
5. Scissors
6. Construction Paper
7. Ribbon
8. Staple gun

Steps:
1. First I found an old frame that I thought would look really nice in white.


2. I removed the back of the picture frame so that I could take the old picture out to stray paint it.


3. I made sure there was nothing hanging off of the frame or any dirt or dust on it to get it ready.

4. I put on one light coat of two-in-one paint and primer spray paint on the frame. I go the spray paint at Wal-mart.

5. To make the inside of the bow holder I bought 1/2 yard of fabric of my choice and some liquid stitch to attach it to the old picture. 

6. I cut the fabric so that there was about 2 1/2 to 3 inches on all sides.

7. I put the liquid stitch on the back of the picture to attach the fabric. (This stuff is really easy to use and drys within 30 sec.)

8. I folded in the corners and then attached the rest of the sides with liquid stitch.

9. After I attached the rest of the sides I waited a little bit to make sure it all dried completely.



This is what the front looked like after I was done.


10. Then I took some construction paper and cut out the letter M for my sign. I glued the M onto another piece of construction paper and attached to the fabric covered picture.

11. I put the picture back into the frame and then I attached a piece of ribbon onto the back to the frame to be able to hang it from my wreath hanger.





No comments:

Post a Comment